Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rants from my new travel week

So I decided, for convenience sake, to not fly out of my home airport and drive two hours to a major one instead. It was a direct flight, and it sure beat driving 7 hours. Well, halfway down, I find out my flight is cancelled. Really? This does not bode well for the rest of the week. No worries though... I'm rebooked on one two hours later and I'm in first class. Ok, that makes it a bit better. When I do check in though, we are delayed an additional hour. Man, I am start to hate wasting my life in an airport. So now it's on to TSA and security. Now I admit, I do bend the rules a bit. I carry 3 bags... my purse, my backpack, and my carry-on. However, my purse and backpack will both fit under the seat and my carry-on goes overhead. I don't take anyone else's room, so mostly no one says anything. Not today. Of course not today. The TSA guy isn't even going to let me go through security unless I shove my purse into my backpack. Seriously?? Doesn't he realize I'm just going to take it out after I get through? Sure, everyone has a job to do, but sometimes you just need to think a little bit. But no, thinking would be bad... we might all grow into distinct individuals instead of melding into the conglomerate of mediocraty that we've become.

Now I'm really going to digress... I understand that some people on vacation like to stroll through airports and take in all the scenery. Not sure how you view overpriced fastfood and tourist trap trinkets fun, but whatever floats you boat. However, most people would rather pull their own teeth out than spend a minute more than they have to in an airport. I'm one of them. I got stuck behind so many slow walkers that I wanted to scream. So the next time your strolling in an airport, you have to forgive me if I run you over. Move to the right people... it's like driving... left lane for passing.

I'm headed to the airport club now... at least there is free booze and food there.

No comments:

Post a Comment