Thursday, July 8, 2010

All of my work stuff went as well as it could have gone. I was supposed to meet with two customers today, but they both fell through. So, I went to the airport trying to get on an earlier flight (original is 8:20pm). I missed the 1:20 by 5 minutes. The next one is at 4:20, but I'm supposed to be in the middle of a conference call that is too important to postpone. Ok... I'll stick with my original. I buy a book and head to the airport club. I have enough work (and now a book) to keep me occupied. I'm still not feeling all that bad...

Until...

People... others belong to airport clubs to get away from you... to have a nice, quiet place to work, relax, and get away from the riff-raff.... what would possess you to bring your screaming kids into my quiet place?!?! Seriously!!! It's not cute that your kid is begging for pretzels or wants to throw ice. It's not cool that they want to use the furniture here as a play toy. It's bad enough I have to put up with it on the airplane, but I paid a lot of money to be here to get away from you! If you can't control them, don't come in or check them at the door.


That was the beginning of the end. I go to check on my flight... 8:20, now departing at 10:28. Oh boy. They gave me a $10 voucher for dinner. Here's what I did with it, lol:
Notice the pretty airport manicure too. At least they were nice to converse with. Off to read... or work... or jump out of the window.

1 comment: